Pesto shrimp avocado salad is a quick and easy dish that’s perfect for summertime. Follow the recipe below and have friends and family oohing and aahing over this light, delicious meal.
How To Make Pesto Shrimp Avocado Salad
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1.5 pounds raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat.
- While your oil heats, get out a large bowl. Combine the raw shrimp, ¼ cup of pesto, and a pinch each of sea salt and pepper. Gently stir the contents of the bowl until the seafood is well coated.
- Once the oil is hot, add minced garlic to the skillet and saute it for one minute. Next, add your pesto mixture to the pan. Add the shrimp one at a time, gently, in a single layer.
- Cook the prawns for two minutes then flip and cook the other side for two minutes. They should turn pink and opaque. Set the shrimp aside in a large bowl to cool.
- While they cool, squeeze the juice from half a lemon.
- Once the seafood has cooled, add in the chopped tomatoes and diced avocado. Then, add in the remaining ¼ cup of pesto.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the mixture and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir gently to combine everything and serve topped with fresh basil leaves.
Enjoy your pesto shrimp avocado salad!