Let’s face it: the summer heat can be murder on our hair. While there’s plenty of commercial products out there that say they can help regenerate our listless locks, is putting a bunch of chemicals on our scalps really going to help? If you’re looking for a healthy, natural remedy for limp hair, look no further than an avocado hair mask. The nutrients that make avocados great to eat also make them great for our heads. The vitamin E and other essential nutrients work hard to nourish our heads, leaving us looking fantastic, even in the middle of a harsh summer.
How To Make An Avocado Hair Mask
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can substitute coconut oil)
- Cut open your avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out the fruit.
- Combine the green goo, honey, and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the mixture into your clean hairs and scalp.
- Let the concoction sit for about 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and let your hair air dry.
If you love the health benefits of avocado on your body, make sure to check out all the beauty uses for everyone’s favorite superfruit!