It’s only getting hotter as June rolls on, and we do whatever we can to escape the high temperatures. One of the best ways to beat the heat is with cool, icy treats. One of our favorite summer treats: a frozen avocado margarita. Read on for the best recipe for a fantastic frozen drink for the hottest season of the year.
How To Make a Frozen Avocado Margarita
- ¼ ripe avocado (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup ice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice + 1 whole lime
- 3 tablespoons Blanco tequila
- 1 tablespoon Amber Agave
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec
- Coarse salt
- Peel the avo, juice one lime, and cut the other lime into wedges.
- Pour the tequila, agave, lime juice, triple sec, and ice into a blender and mix until the ice is crushed, usually about 20 seconds.
- Add the green superfruit and blend sparingly for less than 10 seconds until the mixture is just smooth.
- Use a lime wedge to moisten the rim of your glass and dip the rim into coarse salt.
- Pour your margarita mixture into the glass and garnish with an additional lime wedge.
- Enjoy your frozen avocado margarita!
We know you’ve probably had margaritas with guacamole, but try getting avocado IN your frozen drink. While you may be unsure at first, we guarantee once you try this recipe, you’ll be sold!