Summer is a time for cool, light meals that won’t leave us feeling overly full and overheating. One of our favorite summer dinners: avocado zucchini noodles. This recipe requires a spiralizer, but investing in the small piece of equipment enables you to create your very own zucchini noodles, which are gluten and wheat-free. Let’s explore one of our favorite recipes.
How To Make Avocado Zucchini Noodles
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 medium ear of corn
- 8 medium shrimp
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado
- one lime
- 1 small clove of garlic
- ½ small jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Remove the kernels from the ear of corn. Devein and de-shell the shrimp. Juice one of the limes. Set aside.
- Use a spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles.
- Peel and pit the avocado, juice the second lime, seed and dice the jalapeno, mince the garlic, and chop up the cilantro.
- Place the dressing ingredients (avocado, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper) into a blender. Pulse until the contents turn creamy. Give it a taste and add more salt or pepper as you see fit.
- Place the avocado zucchini noodles in a large mixing bowl and add the dressing. Toss the noddles in the dressing.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil is heated, mix in the corn kernels, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir the skillet contents until the corn is bright yellow and tender. Remove the skillet from the heat and set it aside.
- While the skillet mixture cools, place the shrimp in a medium bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook the shrimp until it is opaque and c-shaped, usually about 2 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked, place the avocado zucchini noodles on a plate and add the dressing and corn mixture over the top.
Enjoy this light, nutritious, and delicious summer meal!
What’s your favorite avocado summer meal?