Do you find yourself craving specific foods during the summer? I do! Hot, sticky summers are perfect for cool, light foods. Salads are a fantastic option for healthy summer food that won’t feel you leaving too full and overheated. We found an amazing fresh avocado salad recipe that we can’t wait to share with you. Check it out below!
How To Make Cucumber and Avocado Salad
This recipe serves 4 to 6 people.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion (about half a medium onion)
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dice the cucumber in 1/4-inch wide pieces, de-stem and finely chop the parsley, and mince the garlic.
- In a large bowl, add the vinegar, onions, salt, pepper, and sugar and combine well. Add the garlic, olive oil, and parsley and mix. Let this mixture sit for 5 minutes at room temperature to pickle, toss the contents, and allow it to sit another 5 minutes.
- Skin and de-pit the avocados, then dice into ½-inch wide pieces then add them and the cucumbers to the salad. Stir gently to coat the avocado salad in the dressing.
- Add more salt or pepper as desired and serve immediately.
This avocado salad is fantastic on its own or as a side dish or topping for fish, chicken, or sandwiches. Make this recipe a main course by adding a scoop of tuna or chicken on top. You can keep leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days, but this avocado salad is best enjoyed fresh.