Check out this amazing recipe for goat cheese avocado truffles!
How To Make Goat Cheese Avocado Truffles
- 3 medium avocados, ripened, pitted, and peeled
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups salted pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Optional: pretzel sticks
- In a small bowl, combine both cheeses, chili powder, pepper flakes, lime zest, garlic, and oil. Once well combined, gently stir in onion and cilantro, then refrigerate for one hour or until firm.
- While the mixture hardens, get a small melon baller and scoop out “avo balls” onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the future avocado truffles with lime juice.
- Take 1 ½ teaspoons of firmed cheese mixture and shape it around the balls, then roll them in pumpkin seeds.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate them until serving. Serve with pretzel sticks for an added texture.
Enjoy your goat cheese avocado truffles!