Summer may be coming to an end in the northern hemisphere but we can still enjoy fresh, cooling meals in fall. Avocado salad is a fantastic way to fit a few more vegetables into your day, and it tastes great too!
How To Make Avocado Salad
Ingredients For the Salad
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 cucumbers
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 5 ounces of olives
- 2.5 grams biltong, sliced
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- Half an ounce of fresh herbs (we love dill, parsley, chives, or all three!)
Ingredients For the Dressing
- ⅔ cup avocado oil (can substitute olive oil)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¾ ounce fresh herbs
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add the 4 dressing ingredients together in a container with a lid and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Cut, de-pit, and peel the avocados, then cut them into quarters.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Cut the cucumbers into quarters.
- Crumble the feta cheese or cut it into cubes.
- Place the avocado, cucumber, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Gently mix them together. Add the olives and toss gently.
- Top the salad with feta cheese and biltong, then garnish with the fresh herbs.
- Serve dressing on top or on the side.
Enjoy your refreshing avocado salad!