Everyone knows you can’t eat just one chip. This phenomenon can be especially inconvenient if you’re trying to lose weight or just eat healthy. Chips are full of salt and fats and don’t provide the ideal set of beneficial nutrients for our bodies. If you love downing an entire serving of chips but don’t love the guilt that comes with such a gluttonous act, try making the healthier alternative: avocado chips.
Making Avocado Chips With 4 Ingredients
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the skin and pit from the avo. Cut up the fruit and mash it in a bowl.
- Carefully add the egg and parmesan cheese and mix together well.
- Lay out parchment paper on a baking sheet and use a small spoon to form the mixture into balls.
- Use a spatula to flatten each ball into a chip shape.
- Add any seasoning, like Everything But the Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s, or even just plain sea salt, on top.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30 minutes, until crunchy and slightly browned.
Enjoy your avocado chips!